Saturday, April 11, 2009

Two Weeks in.....

Just shy of two weeks of IM Wisconsin training.

So glad it finally arrived, I really needed something to focus on.

Weather has been co-operating, well some of the time ! Nice to be back on the bike again and to get some structured runs in. Although, we had our 'tick over' plan to concentrate on when you know that you can, sometimes, blow off, a session it makes it that much harder to get out of bed in the cold , dark mornings.

We are having a lovely spring....spring flowers are out, lots of blossom already showing and the trees are beginning to show their summer wear.

Of course, true to form this Easter week-end we have low cloud, mist and a light drizzle. But it's just wonderful to have this four day week-end. Yes, we get Monday off as well, as a Bank Holiday ! It seems a long time since our Christmas break.

Surprise 10k race last week-end. A friend of ours was competing and we were going to support her. At 9.15am I got a phone call to ask whether I could accompany Miriam ...I changed outfits three times before I was out the door. Lovely race...beautiful weather.....first time this event had been run. All off road which was a little 'testing' especially I had forgotten this and turned up to run in my Newtons ! A great time was had by all. The race was certainly a success, particularly, as the field consisted of 48% women...amazing.

Ninety minute ride and a 45 min OD run scheduled for today.

Now which of my new SKIRTSPORTS outfits will I wear....check out their spring collection...brilliant !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jackie and Gordy -
ah, if you're 2 weeks in - are you going into stabilizer week yet??? haha. I have only been training for 5 weeks I think but I am ANXIOUS for warm weather. SO sick of the trainer!!! Have a great week and I hope it gets warmer for you both! xo