Monday, November 10, 2008

Damn !

I think that was the word I used when I hit the deck on my bike last week.......yeah right !!!! There ae notices in our A & E Department which state not to use abusive language to staff, so I very politely asked the doctor if I could use the 'f' word !

Couldn't believe it...I knew immediately something was broken......anyway, latest news is not too bad !

Saw the sugeon on Thursday and he took the plaster off...what a relief...I had it from knuckles to shoulder with arm set in a right angle. Because of the gaping wound in my elbow and the fact the elbow is in so many pieces he has decided not to operate...he said he would have to put so many pins/plates in it to get everything back together I would be left with too much scar tissue....SO he has given me exercises to do to keep mobility whilst bones heal. When bones have knitted together he may have to do keyhole surger to 'tidy' things up.

Can't drive for at least another 4 weeks...we live in a tin y village miles from anywhere so I am a little stuck ! He said I could start exercising a little...managed 55 minutes on x-trainer...and as we have a spin bike at home I can ride that with no hands. Suggested I start gentle running next week...will be in Tempe so will be lovely to run in the warm with no wet, soggy leaves underfoot.

Missing IMAZ ? Trying to be brave about it...had a car been behind me Gordy would have been organising a funeral instead of packing his bike up to race an IM.......

I know I will be sad when the bib numbers are posted........I am planning to register as I have gone beyond the point where I could get any money back, so will sign up for next year....anyone joining me ?????

btw my brand new 2XU bike jacket stood up to the test...all the blood has come out of the arm and there are barely any marks on it !

As I couldn't sleep on Tuesday night sat and watched US election......how exciting was that ???? Excited that BO won......he's a West Ham United supporter ! Apparently when he was over here years ago he went to see them play and was hooked! You Americans have a good man there...if he can deal with the trials and tribulations of WHU he can deal with ANYTHING!

1 comment:

knopfler said...

get well soon!
I'm not biting on the IMAZ09 invite :)