Friday, August 1, 2008

40 miles in the bag - 7.5 to go!

Got up with "herself" this morning and redressed the wound on her hand before she set off to teach her 7:00am Spinning class. I was planning my 40/7.5 brick session (which I should have done yesterday) and hoping to get it done in time to get to see my first massage client of the day.

Well - there was a significant wind factor this morning which I hadn't been expecting! Got out the door, onto the bike and thought "What the ****?" Seemed like I was going nowhere. Thinking positively I thought - well there's a good chance it will be windy on the Beeline in November - but I was still going nowhere!

Upshot was I could only average 15.6 mph (Z2/Z3) which felt pretty awful to me, 2:35 for 40 miles!!! Had to bag the run as I had to get cleaned up before setting off to see my client but will attempt the run later on today.

No comments: