Sunday, August 3, 2008

Yes!

Yesterday I planned my 11 mile run and was hoping my knee would allow me to do this. YES ! Not only nailed the 11 but even managed to do the 2 x 2.30 in z4 which I was VERY pleased with.

Knee was sore during the afternoon but seems better this morning.

Wounds healing slowly. Elbow is still quite nasty and at the gym yesterday I saw a friend of mine who is not only an ultra runner but a doctor and I asked her what I should do about the 70.3 next week. Without hesitation she looked at he elbow and said "Don't race' ! I am inclined to take her advice ! She knows me well enough to know how much I want to do this and would not give that advice lightly.

Ho Hum......IMAZ is my main focus so everything is sacrificed to race that.

Hope to be back on the bike early next week......hand is still a little too painful to hold the bars!

Just waved Gordy off for his 60 mile bike.......cool and light drizzle this morning......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jackie!

I am sooooo sorry you're not racing next weekend but you must be 100% for IMAZ. It's always best to go with the doctor's advice. haha. Do you get your money back? We would LOVE to give you some of this heat. :) Hope Gordy had a great ride today... just getting ready to head for my 19 mile run. It's still pitch black out - trying to beat the heat! xo

Mike said...

Good plan...110% for IMAZ! So happy to see the blog! Carefull out there...I need to take my own adive as well...I know !!