Monday, August 25, 2008

AWOL

Been a bit of a hectic week.....had to work away from home last week and that entailed a huge long car ride !

Whilst I was away had a 13.5 mile run to do. Left on Wednesday morning after taking my Boot Camp class and then swimming 950m drill swim....drove 270 miles to take a witness statement...then on to the hotel to run. By this time the weather had REALLY de-generated...high winds, cool with the hint of rain (what else is new this summer?)....

Well, had mapped my route out and left the hotel....two miles into the run I knew it was going to be ugly..no energy...tired, tired. Anyway, ran to the bottom of the road and map said turn right, looked right and there was the BIGGEST hill.....turned back! Thought well, the road is 2.7 miles long just run up and down it until 13.5 is completed.....

Then found a way into a Country Park....ran a couple of laps round that dodging the mud. By this time it had started to drizzle.......came out of the park as it was getting too dark to see. By the time I had got to 11.5 miles it was pouring and I was soaked......thought about the running I had done with my Boot Camp class, worked out I had probably made up the deficit and then called it a day !!!!

I call those runs an "IM" run.....just gotta get through it !!!!

Hard time this week-end with riding...my elbow is too sore still to get down on the aeros and my knee still sore to do any climbing......

Today is the beginning of another week and all work-outs will be completed...I promise, Craig...........

No Olympics to watch...already getting withdrawal symptoms...still the Paralympics will be starting in a couple of weeks and we get blanket coverage of that......

A week tomorrow we will be leaving for Chicago !

1 comment:

Mike said...

Can't wait... only a few weeks to IMMMOOOOOOO!