Saturday, August 9, 2008

Bike Check-in


Got up early this morning for a 75 minute Z1/Z2 run in the park in the middle of town - its where the run course will be tomorrow. Went to the race briefing with Gordy at 11:00am and chuckled when the race director said "If your bike computer is only reading 10km/hr on the first hill don't be alarmed - it's perfectly normal." Maybe I'm glad I'm not riding tomorrow!

Gordy and Torsten aren't the only ones riding road bikes - almost the entire 2,500 are riding road bikes - saw a few Cervelo's so it must be an official Ironman event!

Got Gordy checked in this afternoon - weather hot and sunny and the forecast for tomorrow looks pretty good - hopefully the rain will hold off and it will stay warm and sunny.

Good luck to everyone racing tomorrow - wish I was too :-(

1 comment:

knopfler said...

kudos to Nicole Cooke. I thought she was dropped 800 yards from the finish, but she stormed back!

I'll check back to see what happened in Wiesbaden.